2013年10月15日星期二

Gamification in language room ----- Serious Games


I want to practice gamification in another type of game called serious game, which is focus on a particular purpose and environment and no end to play. What I chose for this time is My Beauty Spa Panic from a gaming website OgiGames.

    I design learning objectives with four levels depend on the different difficulty class. First is describing walking routes of characters (Customer goes straight and then turn left). Second is vocabulary about spa (towel bathtub massage). Third is verb-tense (The waiter is doing nail polish for the customer now and they finished shower just now.). Fourth is story-telling. Students are asked to tell classmates what happened in his spa panic. I plan to assess my teaching goal by two ways: peer mediation and expert mediation. The whole class works in pairs to play this game and be required to practice learning objectives with each other by turns. Then I will call some students answer my questions related to the lesson.

1 条评论:

  1. This game might be better designated as a strategy game. A person who works in a spa is called a beautician. A person who works in a restaurant and waits on tables is a waiter.

    回复删除