2013年10月15日星期二

Gamification in language room ----- Escape the Room Games


Today I have learned a new concept called gamification, which means applying game-design thinking into non-game activity that can make things more fun and engaging. I never thought that online game can be a way to teach, but after reading 7 Things You Should Know About Gamification and What is Gamification? I have some clear idea about gamification. It is helpful for teacher to active learning atmosphere and involve students in lessons. That is amazing. So I am going to try it by myself. I choose a game from a online-game website Big Fish called Room Escape: Floors. Personally I have played this game twice, the second time I searched its walkthrough in Google, because I have a big trouble obstruct me to complete successfully.
If I use this game in my language classroom, my learning objective is mainly on vocabulary, which must be chosen from these three aspects: furniture (pillow desk sofa piano), color (red green white black) or preposition (on, next to, behind, below). The whole class divided into six groups to play, each one focus on one of the six keys needed to escape. Then let them exchange their findings to pass the game together. I will give the oral walkthrough to assess whether they have mastered new vocabularies. Teacher play role as a mediator and promoter. I will give students a hand when they meet troubles in learning process and supervise them keeping new words in mind.


1 条评论:

  1. The walkthroughs can be a very good source of learning for these types of games.

    回复删除